This piece I am adding the the monthly design challenge thanks to the lovely Jay.
I have been a wee bit cheeky and cheated a little.
I have been working on this piece for some time.
okay, a LONG time ;)
It was a commission ( my first ever!)
for a friends office.
It has taken *eep* almost two years. goodness where does time go?
I have spent many hours on it, but have also done a lot of procrastinating.
Not like me at all! ;)
I did not begin to imagine when I started the logistical nightmare it would be getting something this large onto the sewing machine ( it measures approx 3.5 x 2.5 metres)
The backing fabric was white and I dyed it a grey colour with some tye dye to create the moon in top left corner.
The tree and mountains were appliquéd on ( with the help of vast amounts of vliesofix!)
The cherry blossom flowers are all made from new and vintage kimono fabrics, then I have gone over them with free machine embroidery.
The screen print of the white japanese style logo was the finishing touch.
I have really enjoyed making this hanging but I dare say I possibly wont make anything of this size again!