Friendship and printing



This year I am determined to make more artwork for my walls. I would also like to work towards having a large enough body of work to have an exhibition sometime in the near future.
I do love my 'job' of making womens clothes, accessories etc.
But really my heart lies in textile art, paint, print and stitch.
I do get to be expressive and creative with the designs on the clothing, but I am aching to paint on canvas, get back to my machine embroidery and play around with mixed media again.
These are some old canvases a friend gave me and I have been experimenting with layering screen printed images and washes of colour.
There was already colour on these when I received them so it was nice not to start with a white canvas.
I also like that the finished piece contains the work of two artists, two friends :)

13 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Collaborative art is so much fun.
One of the items on my 'to do' list this year is to have a try at some textile art. I really want to try something that is purely decorative and non functional for once!

magnafunk said...

looks great mim, a fine evolution. Im happy to 'prime' future canvas's for you. x

Jason said...

I like both of those prints Mim, but the one on the right I really LOVE. Can't wait for the exhibition!!

Trudy said...

These are great.

t said...

What beautiful prints Mim, I love them.

Follow your heart and you will make magic... Thats my moto..


xt

Sherrin said...

So glad you're doing something for yourself. That second canvas in particular is stunning.

Janette Kearns Wilson said...

Like Jason, I really like the one on the right...but knowing you, you still may add more layers!

jo horswill said...

Those feathers are beautiful Mim...an exhibition! I will be there :) xx

edward and lilly said...

How gorgeous, I love the leaf prints on them.

Beck said...

How inspiring this post is. I'm always interested to read about the thought processes that creative people have. I like the way your friend collaborated and donated at the same time! x

prashant said...

I really want to try something that is purely decorative and non functional for once!

Work from home India

prashant said...

looks great mim, a fine evolution. Im happy to 'prime' future canvas's for you
data entry work from home

A0 Printing said...

Here you have providing very useful information Thanks for such an incredible site! Read More